Partnering With God In Prayer: A Bible Study For Intercessors
This Bible study outline presents scriptures which underline intercessory prayer principles. Meditate on these prayer scriptures to pray in confidence and receive God’s answers.
“Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” – Matthew 6:10
- Bringing the Kingdom to Earth.
- Our Part.
- The Kingdom starts in us. (Luke 17:21, 22)
- We make disciples. (Matthew 28:19a)
- Externalizing the Kingdom. (Matthew 6:10)
- We are not called to bring about the Kingdom on earth.
- We are called to pray that the Kingdom will come on earth.
- God answers and expands the Kingdom through prayers of Disciples.
Praying in Partnership with God
- God gave humans dominion over the earth. (Genesis 1:28; Psalms 8:4-6)
- We are given spiritual authority by being set in heavenly places. (Ephesians 2:6)
- God looks for man to stand in the gap. (Ezekiel 22:30)
- Relationship: (Romans 12:1-2)
- Enter into relationship with God.
- Be changed in God’s presence.
- Then you will know God’s will.
- Speaking out God’s will on earth: (1 John 5:14, 15)
- Pray in confidence.
- Ask according to His will.
- We know He hears us.
- He will give us what we ask.
- God answers our prayers: (Matthew 16:19)
- We have the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven.
- What has been bound in Heaven we can bind on earth.
- Whatever has been loosed in Heaven we can loose on earth.
Prayer Power Boosters
- Maintain the right attitude:
- Forgive those who sin against you (Matthew 6:14)
- Remember whose side your are on (Luke 9:54-56)
- Don’t pray to impress people (Matthew 6:5-8)
- Turn on the light:
- Pray blessing on your enemies (Luke 6:28)
- Bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14)
- We are called to be a blessing, and in doing so we inherit our blessing (1 Peter 3:9)
- Never quit: (Luke 11:5-13)
- Ask boldly
- Continue to ask
- God wants to do good for you
- Multiply power through corporate prayer: (Matthew 18:19-20)
- Jesus is present in group prayer.
- There is power in agreement.
- God answers prayers of agreement.
- Use your prayer language: (Romans 8:26-27)
- Sometimes we don’t know what to pray.
- The Spirit prays for us in accordance with God’s will.
- Follow the prayer outline given by Jesus: (Matthew 6:9-13)
- Pray to God the Father.
- Worship Him.
- Pray for the Kingdom to come on earth.
- Pray for provision.
- Pray for forgiveness.
- Pray to be delivered from darkness.
“The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” – James 5:16b